Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello again!

Well, I just ventured off the planet for about a month, but now I have returned. Although to say that I have returned to normalcy would be too great a statement. =-) I have enjoyed several weeks of visitors - my brother and his family with their 5 kids came to visit. Then I also had a fun surprise in having my parents and youngest brother also visit. Since then, I have been busy trying to finish up all the requirements for homeschooling in Pennsylvania, which has some of the more strenuous requirements for homeschooling among the states. As such, I plan a week at the end of the school year just for preparing the paperwork and all that is required - so, I am almost done! I have been busy with some projects around the house, and hopefully I will show you some of that this week.

Time goes by so quickly. Today, Annesley (the baby) was on a blanket on the floor, and Charis (my 7 yr. old) needed some help with a math problem. Well, in the three minutes I was gone to help Charis, Annesley rolled over for the first time - and even though there are nine people in this house, no one was there to see her! Can you believe it? I stay home with my kids just so I don't miss these things, and I missed it. Can't help laughing at that.

Well, I wanted to let you know about a great blog that I just found today. One of the blogs I like to follow is Susan's at http://www.joyfulmomofmany.com/, which I really enjoy. So, she recommended this blog - and I am so glad that she did. It is called Like Mother, Like Daughter at http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/. This is a blog by a mother, grandmother, and daughters. It is such an encouraging blog for mothers (especially with lots of kiddos like me) and for keepers of the home. The theme of the blog is "Happy at Home" and there are lots of posts dealing with different aspects of home life. Anyway, so glad to have found it and so happy to share it!

Well, hopefully in the next few days I will show you some pics of what I have been up to!

3 comments:

  1. You are one busy mama! I just came across like mother like daughter last week and have really enjoyed it. It's so nice to relate to women with large families. I'll have to check out joyfulmomofmany too.
    Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog, it meant a lot to me.
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy!

    Thanks so much for linking to Like Mother, Like Daughter. I'm glad you found us and look forward to seeing you there!

    You have a lovely family -- good luck with the house!

    XOXO
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Mandy, Thanks for mentioning my blog in your post! So sweet of you! We are in an older house too... not really Victorian, just an old farmhouse, but we have done the remodeling "thing" several times! It can be a messy sort of tiring when in the midst of the work, but so rewarding when done! Nice to "meet" you here!

    ~susan

    ReplyDelete